Highlights of Eco-Friendly Liwa Overnight Safari
- Visit the desert of Rub Al Khali or the ‘Empty Quarter’ and experience the desert lifestyle with our Private Liwa Overnight Desert Safari from Abu Dhabi.
- Witness the majestic sand dunes during your 4 hour dune drive towards Liwa Oasis.
- Experience the thrill and excitement of dune bashing through the steep slopes of the mighty sand dunes of Arabia.
- Walk along the lush groves of date palms and the freshwater pools and learn the Bedouin way of life at Liwa.
- Take part in sand boarding as you slide along the slopes of the sand dunes and observe the Tal Mireb or the Moreeb dune which is ranked among the highest sand dunes in the world.
- Witness the breathtaking view of the desert during the sunset, atop the sand dunes.
- Relax and enjoy a round of shisha smoke around the campfire.
- Delight your taste buds with an authentic Arabic barbeque.
- Sleep beneath the starlit canopy to the sights and sounds of the desert that surrounds you.
- Wake up to the witness the stupendous sunrise as the desert slowly comes to life.
- Enjoy Arabic coffee and an authentic breakfast before you depart to Abu Dhabi.
Liwa Empty Quarter Overnight Camping
Escape into the desert of Rub Al Khali or the ‘Empty Quarter’ and experience the true essence of the desert lifestyle with our Private Liwa Overnight Desert Safari from Abu Dhabi.
Begin your tour at noon from your hotel or mall in Abu Dhabi, where you will be picked up by a desert safari professional and journey to the Liwa Oasis located in the legendary Empty Quarter—the largest sand desert in the world. Witness the majestic sand dunes that envelope you during this 4 hour dune drive towards the Liwa Oasis, and experience the thrill and excitement of dune bashing through the steep slopes of the mighty sand dunes of Arabia.
On reaching the pristine oasis of Liwa, walk along the lush groves of date palms and the freshwater pools while learning the Bedouin way of life. Take part in the enticing sport of sand boarding as you slide along the slopes of the sand dunes and observe the magnificent panorama that surrounds the Liwa oasis, including the Tal Mireb or the Moreeb dune which is ranked among the highest sand dunes in the world.
Witness the breathtaking view of the desert during the sunset, atop the sand dunes. Watch the vibrant blends of colour splayed across the clear skies that reflects on the golden sand dunes as they turn into bright shades of red, as the sun slowly disappears into the horizon. As the night closes in, proceed to your private campsite set up amidst the uninhabited dunes of the Empty Quarter. Relax and enjoy a round of shisha smoke around the campfire as an authentic Arabic barbeque will be prepared for you. Delight your taste buds with the continental barbeque and sleep beneath the starlit canopy to the sights and sounds of the desert that surrounds you.
Wake up and witness the stupendous sunrise as the desert slowly comes to life. Enjoy Arabic coffee and an authentic breakfast before you depart to Abu Dhabi.
- Professional Experienced Liwa safari guide
- 4x4 Transport to and from the airport, hotel or mall at Abu Dhabi
- Dune drive
- Liwa Camel farm (Black camels) stop for photos
- Liwa Oasis visit
- Sunset & sunrise views of Rub Al Khali
- Private campsite with campfire
- Shisha smoking
- Live BBQ dinner (Outdoor)
- Light Breakfast & Arabic Coffee (Outdoor)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Our Overnight Camping tour price charged per car & maximum 4 guest or combination of 4 guests. All inclusive per vehicle 2600 AED(All inclusive as per the above includes) for guest can participate in this expedition
- Any cancellation for bookings must be 48 hours before. Last minute Changes or cancellations are not permitted.
- Minimum of 02 persons required.
- The Land cruiser can accommodate a maximum of 4 persons per car.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking with subject to availability.
Pickup locations :
- Abu Dhabi Port – Ships Arrivals : Our Safari Marshal will be waiting at the guest’s entrance of the terminal, holding a name board of yours
- Abu Dhabi international Airport : Guests are requested to come to Airport Premier inn hotel lobby which is 10 minutes walk away
- Any City Hotels in Abu Dhabi : Our Safari Marshal will pick you up from any city hotel’s lobby
- Any Malls : Our Safari Marshal will pick you up from any main mall’s main entrance
- 1.00 pm - For your overnight camping trip in Liwa, a 4x4 land cruiser will pick you up from your accommodation in Abu Dhabi.
- During the 2.5-hour trip from the metropolis to the deserted areas, you can watch the terrain change. As you drive the roughly 230 kilometres to Liwa, several factories, fuel plants, and trucks will pass by on both sides of the road. Take a break and meanwhile go to the washroom and get some tea.
- Between 3 to 4 p.m. We will reach the camp site that is in Liwa desert. Before riding across the Liwa sands, we will stop to let the air out from the tires. Begin the desert ride and enjoy the exhilarating ride through the dunes as the car tilts from side to side. When driving up the high slope of the sands and plunging into the crevices with sand covering the glass, it might occasionally feel almost like your automobile is flying well over the ground.
- At 4.30 pm Come meet the Majaheem or Malah breed of camels at the Liwa camel farm. Liwa camels are primarily black-coated and originate from the northeastern part of Saudi Arabia, as opposed to the United Arab Emirates' camels, which are usually the colour brown. A huge hump in the centre of the back, long hair that covers the whole body, thick and long legs, big feet, and a well-developed udder are some of its most distinctive characteristics. It is one of the biggest dairy producers in the Saudi Arabian Kingdom.
- At 5.30 pm Get to the Liwa oasis camp site early to witness the breathtaking sunset and capture it on camera.
- Between 5.30 and 7 pm Your guide will build up a campfire and start cooking your BBQ meal if you scheduled your excursion during the wintertime.
- At 7.00 pm A BBQ dinner will be served, and you'll be able to enjoy Arabic coffee or soft beverages.
- At 8.00 pm The bonfire will be ready so that you and your loved ones could spend a beautiful night stargazing in the desert. You might have an excellent opportunity for stargazing, depending on the surroundings and the climate conditions.
- At 9.00 pm Your guide will be outside to look out for you while you head to bed in the desert and get some good rest.
- Between 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. It will be the time of the sunrise: Get up and get ready to watch the magnificent sunrise ( the sunrise time can vary depending on the season)
- At 7:00 a.m. - You can have your breakfast
- At 8:00 a.m. - We will be leaving the desert campsite.
- At 9:00 a.m. - Visit Liwa Fort, one of the forts built in the Liwa oasis to ward off invading tribes.
- At 12:00 p.m. - Travel back to your hotel in Abu Dhabi