Abu Dhabi: Evening Desert Safari with BBQ Dinner, Camel Ride, Sandboarding & Quad Bike Option
The experience of a lifetime awaits you in Abu Dhabi.
- Engage in adrenaline-pumping dune bashing with a trained Marshal
- Camel Riding Session. Ride the majestic creatures coined as the ships of the desert.
- Enjoy delicious Arabic coffee, tea, dates and a BBQ Dinner.
- Arabic Traditional Dress Photoshoot for you as a memento
- Enjoy Belly Dancing and Tanoura dancing shows beautifully conducted by professionals.
- Be daring and engage in Shisha Smoking!
You will be picked up by a 4x4 Land Cruiser (air-conditioned) between 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm on the designated day of your Abu Dhabi desert safari. The drive from the pickup location to the Al Khatim desert will be roughly 30-45 minutes. Your tour guide will describe the history and culture of Abu Dhabi during this journey.
First, you will stop at the camel farms. Here you'll get the chance to feed locally-bred camels tended to by their caretakers. Watch as these humble creatures help the desert dwellers carry out their daily tasks as they have for centuries. Learn the history of camel rearing and how it has progressed with time.
Enjoy dune bashing with our well-trained, English-speaking Marshals. You will be enjoying dune bashing for roughly 30-45 minutes. Time will be allocated for you to enjoy the soft sand dunes of the desert during the sunset. The Abu Dhabi desert is a popular site for romantic and family photoshoots. This would be an excellent memento of your trip to the desert.
Finally, you will arrive at the Bedouin-style camp where a range of activities awaits. First, you will be served welcome drinks, including coffee and soft drinks. You can also try your hand at camel riding which can be repeated if you like. You can also experience fun-filled sandboarding. Glide on the silky soft sand in the cool evening. You can decorate your hands with intricate henna designs and dress up in traditional Arabic attire to participate in a photoshoot. The opportunity for you to take pictures with a falcon in your hand can be provided upon request. You can then start to enjoy our intercontinental buffet, including BBQ (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are available). While you eat, enjoy a lively show of belly dancing and Tanoura dancing performed beautifully. After dinner, be daring and try Shisha smoking by the campfire.
Then lights in the camp will be turned off so you can see the Milkyway stretch across the sky by the campfire. This will last about 15-20 minutes, and you will be escorted back to the land cruiser for departure.
After 6 hours of a life-changing adventure, you will be returned to your point of departure safe and sound signalling the end of your Abu Dhabi Desert Safari.
What to expect
A desert safari in Abu Dhabi is a memorable experience, you can discover Arabic culture and amazing lore and traditions up close. We offer an unforgettable Abu Dhabi evening desert safari for those who love nature and the desert, those who are looking for an adrenalin rush, and those who are eager to learn more about our exciting and beautiful culture.
One of the highlights of your visit is an evening ride in the desert. We will take you for an off-road trip under the endless sky among sand dunes. Sitting in a safe, sturdy Land Cruiser, you will have a rare opportunity to admire the hard beauty of the barren sand, having all the comfort and safety you are accustomed with back in your homeland, since we have professional drivers trained to drive in the desert, plus, our Land Cruisers are very comfortable. We will take you to an Abu Dhabi camel farm and traditional desert camp where you can befriend with the gentle camels and learn about traditional life in the Abu Dhabi desert. You can even ride a friendly camel across the desert, take photographs of a desert sunset, get a traditional henna tattoo or painting on your hands or feet, and at a cheerful campfire you can watch the performance of Arabic belly dancers and Tanoura dancers, as well as you may try smoking a Sheesha, an Arabic fragrant water pipe. At the end of your off-road desert tour, after nightfall, you will be invited for a traditional Arabic barbeque where you will try local cuisine, enjoying the hospitality of your hosts, marveling at the sight of the star-studded sky and study constellations above the desert. We want you to sense the atmosphere of traditional life in the desert as Arabic and Bedouin people fight for staying alive in this harsh environment, at the same time, they have a deep love and respect for the desert and its living beings. People in the desert lived in harmony with nature and the world.
We can guarantee you a wonderful time during your entire time of Abu Dhabi evening desert safari, and all the while, we can guarantee your safety and comfort.
- Round transport to and from Hotels and Malls in Abu Dhabi
- Transport in 4x4 vehicle
- Visit the camel farm
- Dune bashing session
- Top dune sun set picture
- Camel riding session
- Arabic coffee, tea and dates
- Water and Soft Drinks
- Arabic Costume Photoshoot
- Sand boarding & skiing
- Henna Tattoo
- Hot BBQ Dinner
- Tanoura Dancing
- Belly dance show
- Stargazing, sitting on dark desert
- Unlimited shisha smoking
The second-largest sand desert in the world, the Abu Dhabi desert, is a place filled with extravagant sights and experiences no other place can provide. Much like a bronze-hued ocean, the soft sand stretches far and meets the sky at the horizon. These windswept hills can be hundreds of feet high!
Abu Dhabi proudly shows off its culture with an Abu Dhabi desert Safari. Their culture is imprinted on everything imaginable, from architecture, food, and clothing to the way people greet each other. Their music describes stories, often about the warriors who fought in the Arabic wars. Enjoy belly dancing performances done by beautiful professionals. The food is infused with spices and aromatics such as saffron, cinnamon, turmeric and lime staple spices of UAE cuisine. Get ready for your senses to be overcome with the beauty of this country by booking an Abu Dhabi desert Safari.
- Pick up and drop off at the selected hotel/location in Abu Dhabi
- Air-conditioned 4x4 Land Cruiser
- Professional English Safari Marshal
- Camel feeding & pictures
- Dune bashing (30-45 minutes)
- Sunset photo stop
- Welcome drinks at the camp (Coffee, Water and Soft Drinks)
- Short camel riding (can be repeated)
- Sand Boarding
- Shisha pipe (hubble-bubble flavour) is permitted in the shisha smoking area
- Henna painting in hands and Arabian makeover for ladies
- BBQ dinner - an open intercontinental buffet with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options
- Tanoura & Belly dance shows
- Allocated time to watch the sky with the MilkyWay
- Cold mineral water in the vehicle
What's not included
- Quad Bike (available for rent)
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase )
- For pick-up, guests are asked to remain in the hotel lobby or near the mall's main entrance.
- Six passengers will be accommodated in the Land Cruiser on a shared basis.
- Times duration or start/stop times may change due to weather conditions.
- Please strictly adhere to all guidelines provided by the Safari Marshal
- Take care of your belongings.
- Recommended attire:- Loose, comfortable clothing with a sweater to keep you warm after dark in the summer. Flip flops are preferred more than shoes for comfort (if you intend sports shoes). Bring sunglasses, a sun hat and sunscreen. In the winter long clothes with jackets are recommended.
- Have a light meal before the trip to help avoid nausea. It’s best to avoid food 2-3 hours before the journey begins.
- On other religious holidays, there will be no entertainment activities in the camps as per the UAE law. The government will announce the dates prior.
This tour is not recommended for,
- Pregnant individuals
- Individuals who get nauseated often
- Individuals with severe medical conditions
- Individuals with back pain
Terms and Conditions
- If the tour is cancelled due to an unavoidable circumstance like the weather, either a full refund or an alternative booking date.
- If you need to cancel your tour, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance; otherwise, you will be charged.